Partner of ISC GmbH & Co. KG.
(17 years for Schott, IOT GmbH and JDS Uniphase in the fibre optic industry; 5 years as the program director for the Helmholtz programs „Nanotechnology“ and „Microsystems Technology”)
- 25 years in international standardization in different technical committees in CENELEC, IEC and ISO.
- 10 years secretary of IEC/TC 113 “Nanotechnology” and chairman of the German mirror committee.
- Key representative of the IEC in the nanotechnology sector.
- Chair of the EU Graphene Flagship Standardization Committee.
- Chair of a CENELEC workshop on „Specifications for Graphene Related Material“.
- Member of ISO/TC 229 „Nanotechnologies“ and IEC/TC 113 „Printed Electronics“.
- Vice chairman of the German mirror committee to IEC/TC 119.
- 2012: IEC 1906 Award for his contribution to the nanotechnology standardization activities within the IEC.
- 2009: Award for contribution to the German Quality Award (Ludwig Erhard Preis) as an Assessor according to the EFQM Model for excellence.
- 2005: Karl Urbanek Award for his contributions to the SEMI International Standards program.